08 July 2005

and I keep my Christmas lights on, on my front porch all year long

you should all be ashamed of me. i'm going to see kenny chesney on the 23rd... and K-Dawg - can i still borrow your hat? and how much would you love me if i managed to get it signed, too?

...

what the fuck? how are you going to leave me hanging like that? you can't just start telling my something so important and then stop before you get to the ending. i don't care HOW busy you are. there is no excuse for this. and you're on friggin vacation now. call me or send me a damn email to let me know what's going on, even if it's nothing, at least i'll know.

...

there's a big monitor that hangs on the back wall of the service desk at my new store, a closed circuit television wired to the camera next to it. if you stand in front of the service desk, you can watch yourself on the screen. in full color. in like high-def. it's creepy. i miss the grainy black and white screen in the bookkeeping office in whitinsville. i try not to stand in front of the monitor here - i don't want it looking at me. i stand in the corner of the desk when there are no customers, out of view of the television's cold eye. it's there to deter would-be thieves or whatever, to stop people from robbing the desk. every time i turn around to get a customer a scratch ticket, i briefly wonder if i'm going to get shot in the back.

so four days ago a guy got shot over by monte park, at acushnet ave and russell street, during the fireworks display. that's walking distance from my house. i'm not really sure how i feel about that. i was driving home when he was getting shot, three times to be exact. new bedford is a funny town; the little cluster of old-timey mansions that my house is in is right next to the ghetto. i grew up in COWTOWN, ok? i've never had to worry about people busting caps all over the place. this is rediculous. i want to go back to riding one of my cows down to the general store to get food and whatnot. enough of this city living.

and i haven't even been here a month... (sigh)

...

oh and i'm back in Brandy and Monica mode again...

- Gretchen Wilson "Redneck Woman" -

No comments: