I've been very bad at keeping this updated in the last few months. I could say I've been too busy, but actually I've spent an embarrassing amount of time on the couch. I think it's just that I ran out of things to say, got bored with my own thoughts, couldn't find any inspiration, I don't know. I look around my life and see a lot of areas for improvement, but now that I'm actually looking, it doesn't seem so overwhelming as I'd thought.
I've realized a few things in my hiatus:
- I really love anti-folk.
- I have the most amazing husband. Seriously.
- We belong in New England. Now that I've accepted it, and knowing that we'll eventually get back there, makes me feel a whole lot better about living in New Jersey.
- I should be a veterinarian. It makes more sense and resonates with me deeper than anything ever has, even being a Soldier.
- The Army is not the solution to all of my problems. I do not need the Army to make me somebody; I can and, in time, will stand on my feet without it (see above).
I won't call them resolutions, but my goals for 2010 are:
* drop the rest of my 15 lb post-deployment weight
* less Facebook, more Wii Fit (see above)
* BCC on my way to Rutgers on my way to Tufts
* more tasting, more adventures, more crafts, more fresh outdoor air, more reading, more ambiance, more kisses, more photographs, more doing
This felt really good. I'd forgotten how much I love to write.
"you can't believe it, you were always singing along"
- Regina Spektor "Eet" -