A quick rundown (I hate these lists):
- Tree's homemade lemonade, the best lemonade I have EVER tasted
- pulling vines/weeds/yard monsters out of the trees and lawn, and envisioning what a beautiful, welcoming space we will have once we're done
- picking and eating fresh tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, and green peppers that Tree grew in our backyard
- visiting local farm stands and buying corn, blue berries, and carrots
- planning for Halloween (some projects I plan to try are a few sinister-looking Witch Jars for out on the porch and a whimsical, kid-friendly Witch's Cauldron for the front entryway - there are a lot of small children in my neighborhood...)
- continuing the process to purchase this lovely house that Jack built (despite its
issues quirks - or perhaps because of - I am head over heels for this house)
- oh! and getting ready for the superawesome summer cookout we're having at the end of August; I can't wait to have everyone I care about, together, at our home
I guess that's really it! You could say I've done a whole lot of nothing on these days off, but sometimes it's the nothing that refreshes you to take on anything.
"well, if it rains, I don't care,
don't make no difference to me"
- The Doobie Brothers "Black Water" -