I have been away from this blog for awhile, mainly because I've been at a loss for words in many areas of my life.
Now, here again, I don't want to rage at anyone (who will likely never read this anyway), I don't want to express my extreme disappointment in some people I (wrongly?) consider my friends, I don't want to rehash old (but ongoing) worries, anxieties, frustrations, and fears.
If I'm going to get through this, it is going to be by remaining positive, afterall. So I thought I'd instead share a few small pleasures I have enjoyed in the past few weeks.
- humidity that wilted everything in sight, but helped my orchids bloom beautifully on the porch
- Yoshi and Beeb greeting me when I got home from work
- strawberry rhubarb pie that Tree ended up hating, so shucks, I had to eat the whole thing myself ;)
- resuming work on my WWII foot locker project
- the new kitty, Fiyero, still insisting on sleeping sweetly next to me
- preparing for a breathtaking Halloween
- a zucchini as big my foot
"but I can't feed on the powerless
when my cup's already overfilled"
- Temple of the Dog "Hunger Strike" -